Monday, June 15, 2009

The Big Push

Only a couple of weeks left until the deadline for Hugo voting. While I've downloaded my Hugo electronic package of freebies with the nominated stories (or, at least the shorts), I haven't started reading them yet. Part of the blame goes to not being able to successfully transfer the files over to my iPhone so I can read them on the go, but mainly, admittedly, it's been a healthy dose of procrastination as I've read other things. No more. Tomorrow I'm printing those suckers out and I'll be powering through them until I finish them all, or until the deadline comes, in which case I'll vote based on what I've read if I feel I've read enough of them to cast a ballot in good conscience.

The bonus, of course, is that reading all of those short stories will top up my tally (a bit anyway) for my 365 Short Story Challenge - in which I'm falling behind at an alarming rate.

No comments: