Sunday, November 02, 2008

Jack'o'lanterns that want to ex-ter-min-ate!

A belated Happy Hallowe'en to all of you. I hope you enjoyed the festivities as much as we did this year.


Things got off to a start Friday morning at the office for me - staff were encouraged to wear costumes and we had a potluck lunch later on. While I'd wanted to dress up as the ultimate super hero of all time - Captain Chaos, I didn't have time to make the cowl properly, so I settled on my second (but none-the-less very cool) choice: Silent Bob. Didn't manage to find a wig for the long hair under the cap, but my coworkers thought the likeness was good enough that I came in third for best costume.


I found a great Hallowe'en treat when I came home later in the day: my wife had the day off from work and had finished carving jack'o'lanterns (I'd done a couple on Thursday evening but didn't have time to do all of them because I'd been rushing upstairs every hour to update my entries in Blog Like It's The War Of The Worlds) and had done one very, very special pumpkin for me: a Dalek! We'd seen some video on SF Signal not too long ago of a robotic Dalek jack'o'lantern that some guy had made and were inspired by it. While my wife's version didn't roll around the floor, it was an excellent likeness of Doctor Who's nemesis, done in a gourd medium, and looked great when it was lit up as well. It was so good, I just had to share it with all of you:








No comments: