Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The 10th Doctor is No More!

Word on Sci fi Wire today that David Tennant is calling it quits as Doctor Who. While he will be doing a Christmas episode and four other specials, but won't be returning when the series resumes in 2010.

Damn.

While I've watched The Doctor on and off (while it was on here in Canada, anyway) since I was a kid, I can't say I'm a superfan like my buddy harrysaxon is, but I do enjoy the show and I've loved the new series' with Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor and Tennant as the 10th. As far as Tennant goes, I'd say he was probably the best Doctor, replacing Tom Baker and his scarf as my favourite. The way Tennant bounced around the universe in the Tardis gave the character a real sense of fun and mischief, but he also had the ability to turn the Doctor on a dime and give the audience a glimpse of just how deep and dark a Time Lord can be.

Now, the big question: who will be 11?

No comments: