Sunday, January 13, 2008

And Speaking of Awards...

The nomination process is now open for this year’s Aurora Awards. And this year marks the point where this particular SF award catches up with technology: it’s the first year fans can fill out and submit a nomination form online (PDFs are available for print-out, and at various SF bookstores across Canada for those who prefer snailmail).

The Auroras are the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Awards. They’re presented to authors of long and short fiction in English and French. Awards are also given to editors and to SF artists and for achievements in fandom. They’ve been presented since 1980 (with the exception of 1984). This year’s awards will be presented at Keycon 25 in Winnipeg, Manitoba in May.

I haven’t made up my mind about who to nominate yet, but I should have an idea shortly. I’ll post something once I’ve submitted my nomination form online.

No comments: